You are not logged in.

#1 2016-04-03 21:07:59

resheph

2 problems with zotac c320

Hi

I've bought this nice little machine to use it as a media center with Kodi installed on it + NAS + small home server, everything is in working order and I really like how the setup with Arch turned out, but unfortunately I have 2 really annoying problems

1) The machine keeps hanging randomly, completely freezes: sometimes immediately, sometimes after hours. This looks like to be a known kernel bug with the bay trail architecture and adding intel_idle.max_cstate=1 to the kernel options "solves" the problem. However the pc runs noticeably warmer and for a machine that I planned to keep always on; I've tried a couple more kernels available in the repository (AUR as well) but even the very latest linux-git does not solve the problem. I'm about to try linux-lts but first this leads me to second issue (read on), and second I think 4.1.2 version is affected by the bug as well: does someone knows for sure what is the latest kernel version not affected?

2) I've noticed this issue because I'm tinkering with multiple kernels: if I select windows 8 UEFI the gummyboot (systemd boot) menu hangs if I try to select any other kernel in the list. If I select windows 7 UEFI it works fine (at a different screen resolution) but with that option on the reboot / susped fails.

Any suggestion for the 2 issues? I can absolutely live with the second (eventually I'll install grub), but first one is definitely a problem and apparently with no proper solution since a very long time.

Board footer