You are not logged in.

#1 2016-04-05 11:20:49

zipeldiablo

[SOLVED] Module zfs not found for linux-vfio, how to unistall ?

Hello, so i did something stupid, i thought by a lack of knowledge that the zfs-git package from the demzcore repo would installed properly for the linux-vfio kernel.
I installed the package with pacman -Sy zfs after adding the repo.

The system fails to load zfs so i tried to /sbin/modprobe/zfs but it tells me it cannot find the module in /lib/modules/4.4.5-1-vfio so i'm thinking the pkgbuild builds for regular kernel not the custom one and i should have edited id according to this : https://www.redhat.com/archives/vfio-us … 00231.html

Tried to go with zfs-git on yaourt and modifying the pkgbuild but during compile it says it cannot found the target. hum.

Last edited by zipeldiablo (2016-04-05 22:37:07)

#2 2016-04-05 12:51:25

Lone_Wolf

Re: [SOLVED] Module zfs not found for linux-vfio, how to unistall ?

The problem ?
How does one edit a build when downloading with pacman?
Is it in the wiki and i missed it?

That's impossible, as pacman downloads binaries.
You'll have to do the editing/building yourself, unless you can convince someone else (like the demzcore repomaintainer ?) to do the work for you.

Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.

(A works at time B)  && (time C > time B ) ≠  (A works at time C)

#3 2016-04-05 12:54:53

WorMzy
Forum Moderator
Website

zipeldiablo wrote:

Hello, so i did something stupid
[...]
I installed the package with pacman -Sy zfs

Yep, don't do that.

Not a System Administration topic, moving to AUR Issues.

Sakura:-
Mobo: MSI MAG X570S TORPEDO MAX // Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz // GFX: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT // RAM: 32GB (4x 8GB) Corsair DDR4 (@ 3000MHz) // Storage: 1x 3TB HDD, 6x 1TB SSD, 2x 120GB SSD, 1x 275GB M2 SSD

Making lemonade from lemons since 2015.

#4 2016-04-05 21:17:21

zipeldiablo

Lone_Wolf wrote:

The problem ?
How does one edit a build when downloading with pacman?
Is it in the wiki and i missed it?

That's impossible, as pacman downloads binaries.
You'll have to do the editing/building yourself, unless you can convince someone else (like the demzcore repomaintainer ?) to do the work for you.

Very unlikely.
What i don't get is that on antergos with vfio kernel i had no problem installing zfs and running it with the exact same repo and except some configurations arch and antergos are supposed to be the same os, there is something i'm missing here.

Edited the first post, tried to modify the pkgbuild on the aur zfs-git (install with yaourt) but it was a bust.

Thanks for the link @WorMzy, wasn't aware of that, should have read more of the wiki but i have so much thing to do in order to get my previous setup working on arch...

ps : installing zfs-dkms from the aur solved my issue, i now have my zfs raid again.

Last edited by zipeldiablo (2016-04-05 22:36:52)

Board footer