You are not logged in.

#1 2016-04-06 17:11:58

gatsler

Mouse and keyboard unresponsive after resuming from suspend

Dear brilliant people

I have mostly given up on solving this problem as it is quite vague without any working solutions findable with my current level of googling skills. But after reenabling my touchscreen I have discovered that I can access the terminal by touchscreen opening new possibillities.

The problem is simple; when opening the lid after suspending I sometimes but not always find the keyboard and mouse unresponsive. The problem is consistent over multible linux distributions and window managers but I have yet to encounter it on the dual booted Windows installation.

My installation is a freshly updated minimal arch linux with xmonad running on a Toshiba Satellite NB10t with ubuntu gnome as second and Windows 10 as third OS.

Best regards
Gatsler

#2 2016-04-07 16:40:17

Trashlord

Re: Mouse and keyboard unresponsive after resuming from suspend

Actually a similar thing has been happening to me. But I've never set up my touchpad (never use it, actually), and the system as a whole seemed to have been locked completely.
Even the clock wouldn't change in the tray (using LXDE).

In the last few days I seemed to have overcome this by executing the suspend instruction manually, with "systemctl suspend".

I have no explanation as to why the lock-ups suddenly started happening, and why all of a sudden they stopped.

Board footer