You are not logged in.

#1 2016-04-10 23:09:55

decadentgray

Creating (Pixmap)-QT Styles/Themes?

Hello,

I'm currently in the process of setting up a new machine, but I'm unsure about the software to use. In the past, I stayed on gtk2-applications, for I could easily theme them using the pixbuff engine, and avoided qt like hell.
Gtk3-applications seem to be a bit on the "we force you our idea of how to use your own computer"-side, for example throwing out annoying messages when fvwm parents them, therefore complaining about having to bend my way, so I'm not exactly keen on using them when not necessary.

Leaves only qt, which isn't exactly themable (at least to my understanding). But maybe there is a way to theme it anyway, and I simply don't know about it?
If yes, would somebody kindly point me to some documentation about it?

By the way, I know one can change the color-scheme or configure a qtcurve style, But I wish to replace e.g. widgets with my own pictures, like gtk2-pixbuff, so if I want my checkboxes to be pink flashing hearts, I can simply arrange that.

Or if there would be any way to theme gtk3 this way and make it less obnoxious, I'm totally in.

Thanks in advance for your help ^^

#2 2016-04-12 20:11:39

ShadowKyogre
Website

Re: Creating (Pixmap)-QT Styles/Themes?

Technically you can do this with any Qt application using QSS.

However, there isn't a way to set a wanted QSS globally yet.

For every problem, there is a solution that is:
Clean
Simple and most of all...wrong!
Github page

#3 2016-04-20 22:30:02

decadentgray

Thanks for the answer wink

#4 2016-04-27 21:20:21

fluxboxer

Though you might have already known, qt5ct (a very fine qt5 config utility) have an option/tab for qt style sheets which sets them globally.

Last edited by fluxboxer (2016-04-27 21:23:41)

Board footer