You are not logged in.

#1 2016-04-11 15:54:37

sshl

[CHANGED] System Call Table

Ehi guys, i was trying to code an example from my University Course. In that example i should insert a new system call that will be used by a module later. I'am using the kernel version 4.4.5-1. In order to run my code i new two adresses:
1) sys_call_table
2) sys_ni_syscall
I saw the /proc/kallsyms file to discover them, but i could only find the  sys_ni_syscall address.
Can you suggest any idea?

Changed Question:

Since i've looked for it for 2 days without finding any result, i decided to compare the structure of different linux distro to mine. Then i found that in some distro those address are not exposed by /proc/kallsyms, but only in the /boot/System.map, conversely, some else has the records in both places. Then I thought to get the System.map file for my os and find there anything i need. Searching on the web i couldn't come up to a solution, then the new question is: How can i add the System.map file to my os? Should i recompile the kernel? I can't understand the archwiki about that. I found this: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Ke … System.map. Someone can help me?

Last edited by sshl (2016-04-13 12:50:22)

Board footer