You are not logged in.

#1 2016-02-12 05:33:52

chris062689

Dell Dock / USB Type-C / Video Output

Hello.

I am experiencing an issue with a new Dell Dock (USB Type-C / USB 3.1, not the Thunderbolt model)
I am also using an XPS 13 laptop.

The Dell Dock functions properly when I am using it under Ethernet, as a USB hub, etc.
But when I attempt to plug in my Dell UltraSharp U2913WM monitor, I am getting a kernel panic.
This happens both when the Dell Dock is already plugged in at boottime, or if I attempt to plug it in after the system has finished booting.

The monitor itself has DisplayPort 1.2 disabled, but enabling it doesn't seem to make a difference.
The resolution of the monitor is 2560 x 1080, I have attempted to use both HDMI and DP for hooking up to the Dell Dock.
I have attempted with another monitor with a resolution of 1080p via HDMI and get the same issue.

0OBIth6.jpg

Does anyone have any recommendations?
Thank you.

#2 2016-04-13 19:58:32

navi_se

Re: Dell Dock / USB Type-C / Video Output

Don't know if this is of any use to you, but I have the usb type-c connector with a VGA adapter. I can get the screen to be shown by using a combination of

xrandr --addmode DP-1 1920x1080
arandr

Sometimes it works, sometimes I have to repeat several times before the screen detects input from the VGA.

Have you managed to solve your kernel panic somehow? It seems there is not much info on the type-c port out yet.

Board footer