You are not logged in.

#1 2016-04-13 13:10:20

rokt33r
Website

[Solved] I can not find my submitted app in aur packages page

I submitted my app, `boostnote`, to AUR repository.
https://aur.archlinux.org/boostnote.git

Although I successfully submitted, I can not find my app from packages page of aur.
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/?SeB=m&K=rokt33r

Am I missing some steps?

Last edited by rokt33r (2016-04-14 23:45:36)

#2 2016-04-13 14:25:58

eschwartz
Fellow

Re: [Solved] I can not find my submitted app in aur packages page

It uses a precompiled binary instead of building from source, a lot of cruft demonstrating that the PKGBUILD wasn't even cleaned up, an entirely invalid .SRCINFO altogether...

That last one is probably the reason why -- the .SRCINFO is how the AUR knows what your package is, and if you write the .SRCINFO yourself instead of using the appropriate method of generating it as specified on the Wiki pages for creating and submitting packages, then there is no way it could possibly work.
Although I would've thought the AUR would reject an upload rather than allowing it to go through and then fail to validate.

Although I would expect it to be deleted for bad quality if it had gone through.

Managing AUR repos The Right Way -- aurpublish (now a standalone tool)

#3 2016-04-13 15:08:38

WorMzy
Forum Moderator
Website

Moving to AUR Issues

Sakura:-
Mobo: MSI MAG X570S TORPEDO MAX // Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz // GFX: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT // RAM: 32GB (4x 8GB) Corsair DDR4 (@ 3000MHz) // Storage: 1x 3TB HDD, 6x 1TB SSD, 2x 120GB SSD, 1x 275GB M2 SSD

Making lemonade from lemons since 2015.

#4 2016-04-14 01:21:58

rokt33r
Website

Eschwartz wrote:

It uses a precompiled binary instead of building from source, a lot of cruft demonstrating that the PKGBUILD wasn't even cleaned up, an entirely invalid .SRCINFO altogether...

This app is built on Electron(http://electron.atom.io) which runs javascripts. Should I make PKGBUILD build electron itself?
It is a fork of chromium, so I'm afraid I go too far to build a simple app. Anyway, I'll do it if it is mandatory or highly recommended.
http://electron.atom.io/docs/v0.37.5/de … ons-linux/

Eschwartz wrote:

That last one is probably the reason why -- the .SRCINFO is how the AUR knows what your package is, and if you write the .SRCINFO yourself instead of using the appropriate method of generating it as specified on the Wiki pages for creating and submitting packages, then there is no way it could possibly work.

Sorry about that. I missed about this. I'll replace the current with generated one.

Thanks for your advice.

#5 2016-04-14 03:03:05

eschwartz
Fellow

No, there is an electron package already in the AUR, so you can probably just use that. wink

It is highly recommended that PKGBUILDs build from source, but it isn't mandatory.
However, if a package uses upstream release binaries then the package needs to be named "$package-bin" instead of "$package".

There are in fact a number of so-called bin packages in the AUR -- although many of them are offered as an additional alternative to the built-from-source version of $package.

I see the package is visible in the AUR, now that you fixed the .SRCINFO

In addition to fixing the .SRCINFO there are a number of empty arrays/variables in the PKGBUILD.
Unused fields can be deleted, and should -- for the sake of readability.

I also highly recommend you use the variable $pkgver in your source array, which will save you from having to edit that information in multiple places every time there is an update.

Managing AUR repos The Right Way -- aurpublish (now a standalone tool)

#6 2016-04-14 23:44:47

rokt33r
Website

I discarded unused fields in PKGBUILD. About making PKGBUILD build from source, I will try it.

I really appreciate you again.

Board footer