You are not logged in.

#1 2016-04-15 17:17:00

ScottRobertLadd

OpenCL development on Intel i7-4770R

I'm running current Arch Linux (netrunner 2016.1, updated daily) on an Intel i7-4770R, running only the built-in graphics.

I need to get OpenCL development going, and the following guide gives me package requirements that yaourt says are "orphaned" and dangerous:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/GPGPU

Do I need to manually install the intel drivers directly from their site?

Does anyone intend to "unorphan" the yaourt packages? Should I dive in and fix this?

Last edited by ScottRobertLadd (2016-04-15 17:19:27)

#2 2016-04-16 16:53:57

Lone_Wolf
Forum Moderator

Re: OpenCL development on Intel i7-4770R

I'm 99.9 % certain Netrunner is not archlinux, but a derivative from manjaro which is a derivative of archlinux.

For intel systems i only see solutions mentioned that run openCL on the cpu, NOT the graphics chipset.

I think intel uses something called beignet for openCLon graphic chipset.

-----------------------------

There are no "yaourt packages" other then yaourt itself.
yaourt is an AUR helper.

ALL AUR packages are unsupported and potentially dangerous, you should always check them before using.

Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.

(A works at time B)  && (time C > time B ) ≠  (A works at time C)

#3 2016-04-16 19:43:26

ScottRobertLadd

Re: OpenCL development on Intel i7-4770R

Actually, I do everything the Arch way, maintaining the system purely with Arch's pacman / yaourt and using Arch web docs. I like netrunner's pretties when I'm not buried in bash. It may be netrunner <- manjaro < archlinux, but Arch is the prominent heart.

Back to the topic, I found the solution to my OpenCL questions here: https://wiki.tiker.net/OpenCLHowTo

And yes, the Intel ICD is limited to the processor's 8 cores and OpenCL 1.2 (not 2.0 / 2.1). Very annoying.

Board footer