You are not logged in.

#1 2016-04-21 21:21:35

Simone98RC

Some troubles with ZFS configuration

Hi guys,
before explaining the problem, two premises:

1) Grub is placed in EFI partition: so it's absolutely independent from any OS installed;
2) I want to install Arch Linux on a ZFS partition with rootvol and home subvolumes.

Then...I was inspired by the following guides:

1) The official Arch Wiki ones (both ZFS and Installing Arch linux on ZFS);
2) http://golem.linux.it/wiki/Installare_Arch_Linux_su_ZFS (only in Italian language);
3) https://github.com/zfsonlinux/pkg-zfs/w … wap-device (to solve swap creation issues when doing the standard procedure).

Now, from many hours of tests and researches, I've made the following code:

zpool create -f archlinux /dev/sda2 && zfs create -o mountpoint=/mnt archlinux/rootvol && zfs create -o mountpoint=/mnt/home archlinux/home

zfs create -V 16G -b $(getconf PAGESIZE) archlinux/swap && zfs set primarycache=metadata archlinux/swap && zfs set com.sun:auto-snapshot=false archlinux/swap && mkswap -f /dev/zvol/archlinux/swap

zfs umount -a && zfs set mountpoint=/mnt archlinux/rootvol && zfs set mountpoint=/mnt/home archlinux/home && zpool set bootfs=archlinux/rootvol archlinux && zpool export archlinux && zpool import -d /dev/sda2 -R /mnt archlinux

swapon /dev/zvol/archlinux/swap

cp /etc/zfs/zpool.cache /mnt/etc/zfs/zpool.cache && zpool set cachefile=/etc/zfs/zpool.cache archlinux

However, in the highlighted code lines, happen the sequent errors: invalid pool "archlinux/rootvol" and invalid pool "archlinux".
Can you help me to find the mistake?

Ps if you note that other things are wrong, don't hesitate to tell me.

Thanks in advance smile

Last edited by Simone98RC (2016-04-21 21:30:23)

#2 2016-04-21 22:22:40

null

Re: Some troubles with ZFS configuration

Why do you do all those steps at once (aka. creating "code")? If there is a problem, do one step at a time and evaluate what you have done and what has happend. And don't do a lot of things at once. First get it to work. Then worry about snapshots and like.

For now: is the zpool still properly imported before you try to set the bootfs? Give us the output of `zpool import`, `zpool list` and `zfs list`. Also `zpool get all archlinux` could be interesting. Please use CODE tags.

Board footer