You are not logged in.

#1 2016-04-22 09:15:28

XDarkAngelX

can't enable module-echo-cancel in pulseaudio

I am trying to reduce white noise coming from my mic(on my Desktop computer) but inorder to do it I need pulseaudio to load module echo-cancel but it keep failing

I tried following the wiki and adding load-module module-echo-cancel to /etc/pulse/default.pa but then pulseaudio won't even start.

when I try to use the command  pactl load-module module-echo-cancel to load it also fails saying that
Failure: Module initialization failed

and when II check journalctl I get
pulseaudio[735]: E: [pulseaudio] module-echo-cancel.c: Can't cancel echo between a sink and its monitor
pulseaudio[735]: E: [pulseaudio] module.c: Failed to load module "module-echo-cancel" (argument: ""): initialization failed

sadly I have no idea what this error is saying and googling it gave no usefull information...

so anyone have an idea what is the problem ?
also I have arch installed on my laptop as well and in my laptop the  module-echo-cancel loads just fine.

#2 2016-05-01 06:05:17

XDarkAngelX

Re: can't enable module-echo-cancel in pulseaudio

so I have tried today to load the module-echo-cancel and now it suddenly works ok..
the only issue I have now is that when I use it , it seems to automaticlly change  the microphone volume and keeps using the microphone boost....
which is quite ironic as I want it to reduce the white noise from my mic which it does do fine but with microphone boost there is again too much white noise...

anyone knows how can I stop it from doing that ? or better method to reduce the white noise from my mic ?

Board footer