You are not logged in.

#1 2016-04-26 21:21:01

daForce93

Thinkpad L412 Displayport with DP-to-VGA adaptor, monitor blacking out

I just bought a DisplayPort to VGA adaptor for my Thinkpad L412, which uses an Intel i5 M520 CPU, and integrated graphics. I'm using two seperate monitors (my laptop screen is turned off): one is plugged in through the VGA port on my laptop, the other is plugged in with the DP-to-VGA adaptor. The display plugged in via the adaptor is to the left of my other screen.

My problem is that sometimes when I'm doing something on my left screen, and change focus to a window on my right screen, the left screen turns black. The backlight turns off, and the screen turns black (but does not turn off). Then, a few seconds later, the screen goes back to normal. I can't seem to figure out what is causing the issue.

#2 2016-04-26 21:25:15

daForce93

Re: Thinkpad L412 Displayport with DP-to-VGA adaptor, monitor blacking out

It's also occurring when I move the mouse within the left screen, but much less often than when I move it to a different monitor.

#3 2016-04-26 21:54:11

alphaniner

Re: Thinkpad L412 Displayport with DP-to-VGA adaptor, monitor blacking out

I seem to recall seeing a few similar topics (multi-screen issues with Intel graphics) two or three weeks ago. Unfortunately I really don't remember any search-useful details. You should also post at least some basic hardware info (lspci, hwdetect, or such).

Also you should edit your posts instead of posting sequentially.

But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist.
-Lysander Spooner

Board footer