You are not logged in.

#1 2016-04-28 17:18:08

beef

black screen and freeze after suspend

Hello,

I've been running arch linux now for some months now. So far it is great but I have this issue with suspend and hibernate which I cannot solve. The Problem is this: When I suspend or hibernate my laptop and restart it again, the screen stays black and freezes. I cannot change to a terminal by ctrl+alt+F1 nor shutdown the laptop with REISUB. It just stays black and I have to manually reboot by pressing the power button for 5 seconds.

I figured that it has something to do with the graphics driver. My graphics card is geforce GTX 260M. If I use nouveau driver, there is no problem with suspend and hibernate. With NVIDIA on the other hand, I get the problems as described above. So I did use nouveau driver for a while. However, with nouveau driver, my TV, which I use as a second screen via HDMI, does not get a signal. It just says "no signal found" even though I turn on the second monitor via the settings in cinnamon. So right now I can either use suspend and hibernate with nouveau or use my TV as a second screen with NVIDIA, but not both.

This is the output of journalctl -b -1 -p 0..3 after I had to manually reboot because of the frozen system:

-- Logs begin at Wed 2016-01-13 14:24:14 CET, end at Thu 2016-04-28 19:05:57 CEST. --
Apr 28 18:36:24 asus dhcpcd[424]: wlp3s0: if_up: Operation not possible due to RF-kill
Apr 28 18:39:17 asus cinnamon-session[787]: Gtk-CRITICAL: t+74,11388s: gtk_image_set_from_icon_name: assertion 'GTK_IS_IMAGE (image)' failed

Wifi is turned off as I am connected via cable to my router.

uname -a

Linux asus 4.5.1-1-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Thu Apr 14 19:19:32 CEST 2016 x86_64 GNU/Linux

If you need more information about my system then just tell me. I do not know what else is important.

Board footer