You are not logged in.

#26 2015-12-11 13:31:45

V1del
Forum Moderator

Re: HTML5 video suddenly stopped working; audio works fine

You lack packages to make this work, at the bare minimum install gst-libav, but gst-plugins-bad, gst-plugins-ugly will not hurt either.

And please don't make a huge deal out of this thread to report every single HTML5 playback problem, there are at least 4 completely different issues,  with similar symptoms but different solutions to them, which as evident, makes it hard to follow the thread. The OP hasn't had an appearance since 2 months, maybe he figured something out on his own already.  If you have an issue make your own thread link back to this one if you think it is related.

#27 2015-12-11 21:49:54

jedihawk

UPDATE 2015-12-11

Video playback no longer works.  This applies to Flash in a browser, HTML5 in a browser, and mplayer from command-line.

It's back to playing only the first three or four frames, then pause.  No errors that I can tell.  I have not restarted my machine, nor my browser.

<shrug>?

-SadHawk

P. S. I wish I knew how to help debug this.

#28 2015-12-12 03:10:06

V1del
Forum Moderator

@JediHawk all of this works here, and you could start by posting terminal output you get at that point. Given the irregularities it happens with, you might also face a hardware issue on your particular machine

Last edited by V1del (2015-12-12 03:10:33)

#29 2015-12-14 21:16:37

jedihawk

@V1del: console output is no different than normal output in Firefox and mplayer when playback works or not.

Currently, playback is not working.  In mplayer, only the first three or four frames play, then playback pauses or stops.  Seeking around works, but only plays the first three or four frames, then pauses again.

Nearly the same result in Firefox on YouTube.  The video starts to play, but then "pauses" or stops.  Clicking the play/pause button has no effect.  Seeking works, but won't get past the next one or two frames.  This is the same in the Flash player and the HTML5 player.

It's basically the same problem as before.  I have no idea what is causing it, nor how to debug it.

Anyone have any idea how to debug something like this?

-SadHawk

#30 2016-04-29 19:11:22

jedihawk

Update 2016-04-29.

The issue where mplayer would play a few frames and then pause... is fixed.  It must have happened with an update within the past few months.  Probably a bugfix in Nvidia's display drivers, but that's just a guess.

-HappyHawk

Board footer