You are not logged in.

#1 2016-04-30 16:10:24

jneufeld1010

GNOME jhbuild libsystemd-* sysdep missing

I want to build and install GNOME in Arch and i keep getting that libsystemd-daemon, libsystemd-journal, and libsystemd-login is missing dependencies when I run "jhbuild sysdeps --install". Doing some research, it appears that these things are contained within the generic libsystemd package that has already been installed in Arch but I'm not sure how to get jhbuild to reconcile that? If that's what needs to be done.

Also, when I run "jhbuild sanitycheck", it will output "automake >= 1.10 not found", but I have automake installed. And even jhbuild lists automake as an installed package when I run "jhbuild sysdeps --install". Weird.... I guess I'll just ignore the sanitycheck warning?

I really need to know what to do about the libsystemd-* issue. Can somebody please help me? So darn excited to get this thing working! smile

#2 2016-04-30 16:31:14

Scimmia
Fellow

Re: GNOME jhbuild libsystemd-* sysdep missing

Why are you trying to build GNOME at all, let alone outside of makepkg?

#3 2016-04-30 16:32:53

ewaller
Administrator

Welcome to Arch Linux.    In the future, if you would like a topic to be moved, please use the 'report' link and drop the moderators a note.  One of us will move it as soon as we see the report. We are spread around the globe, so one of us are usually around.

Thanks.

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

#4 2016-04-30 16:46:59

jneufeld1010

Ok Admin, thank you!

"Why are you trying to build GNOME at all, let alone outside of makepkg?"

I'm building GNOME because I want to tinker with the source for fun. What do you mean outside of makepkg? You're supposed to build gnome with jhbuild.

#5 2016-04-30 18:20:24

ewaller
Administrator

On arch, we use the Arch Build System to build everything.  It is a system that allows you to script the build using the tools appropriate to the package.  Its output is a package that is installed by pacman.  Pacman keeps a database of which files it has installed, and where.  That way, it can watch for file conflicts and, when you choose to remove the package, ensures that all appropriate files have been removed.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Arch_Build_System

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

Board footer