You are not logged in.

#1 2016-04-25 00:13:46

TranqTech

Evolution-ews

I'm trying to get my exchange account setup in evolution using the evolution-ews addon. I can add the account, and successfully fetch the url, but then I just get a constant loop of the credentials window popping up.
I can manually login to the ews url and see the xml data, and the account does work in Thunderbird with the ExQuilla addon, but I'd really prefer to use evolution.

I've also checked to see if it's a gnome keychain issue, but seahorse shows it unlocked, and the issue is the same on both the gnome and xfce desktops.

Any ideas?

#2 2016-05-03 05:49:50

framas

Re: Evolution-ews

I had the same issue like you. Since my pacman upgrade yesterday it's working again. I checked my pacman.log for the updates and the only possible reason could be the update of evolution-data-server from 3.20.1-1 to 3.20.1-2. But when I downgrade the package I could not reproduce the issue. So the only thing a can suggest you ist to do an upgrade and check if it's working again.

Cheers

#3 2016-05-03 07:09:58

TranqTech

framas wrote:

I had the same issue like you. Since my pacman upgrade yesterday it's working again. I checked my pacman.log for the updates and the only possible reason could be the update of evolution-data-server from 3.20.1-1 to 3.20.1-2. But when I downgrade the package I could not reproduce the issue. So the only thing a can suggest you ist to do an upgrade and check if it's working again.

Cheers

Gave the update a go. Still no joy sad
Thanks for the update though!

#4 2016-05-03 10:57:36

framas

Hm,

so as a workaround you can use my Dockerfile which I created from an github.com/ardumont (which has no ews build in).  The beeblebrox/evolution from dockerhub  does not work for me at once.

cat Dockerfile
# -*- dockerfile -*-
# Evolution sandboxed
# VERSION       0.1

FROM debian
MAINTAINER Antoine R. Dumont, github.com/ardumont

RUN apt-get update && apt-get install -y evolution evolution-data-server evolution-ews
RUN useradd -m -G users -s /bin/bash -d /home/user user
RUN apt-get install -y openssh-server
EXPOSE 22

USER user

CMD ["evolution"]

Just build it and commit it to you a local repository.

You can run the evolution client with the following command (you have just to adjust the repositoryname to which you pulled it locally):

xhost + local:
docker run  -it --rm \
        --privileged \
	--env="DISPLAY" \
	--env="XAUTHORITY" \
        -v /tmp/.X11-unix:/tmp/.X11-unix:ro \
	-v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro \
        -v /etc \
        -v /var/run/dbus:/var/run/dbus \
        -v /var/run/user/$(id -u):/var/run/user/$(id -u) \
        -v $HOME/:/home/user \
        -e GTK_THEME=Adwaita \
        --name evolution \
	local_repos/evolution 

The evolution version from this image ist 3.12.X. I know this is still a bit hacky, but for me it was the fastest solution to get back a working linux desktop client for exchange.

Cheers

Last edited by framas (2016-05-03 10:58:10)

#5 2016-08-09 11:30:46

TranqTech

So many months down the road I found a solution, although it is a little convoluted.
I have to select basic as authentication when fetching the OAB url, then set authentication to NTLM afterwards to actually connect and receive mail. Somewhat odd, but thought I'd post the follow up in case it works for someone else.

Board footer