You are not logged in.

#1 2016-04-26 17:11:10

netpumber

[i3] Rofi's behavior in colors changed after update

Hello.

I just updated rofi to 1.0.0-1 version and stop working. It seems that now it only reads colors from .Xresources file and not from a command line ( I try to put the colors in .Xresources file ) .

This is my configuration till now in i3 config file to run rofi without anything relevant in .Xresources.

bindsym $mod+d exec rofi -show run -lines 3 -eh 2 -width 100 -opacity "85" -padding 440 -bw 0 -bc "$bg-color" -bg "$bg-color" -fg "$text-color" -hlbg "$bg-color" -hlfg "#9575cd" -font "System San Francisco Di    splay 15"

Did something change ?

Thank you.

#2 2016-04-26 20:09:07

okraits
Website

Re: [i3] Rofi's behavior in colors changed after update

Yes, there were quite some changes:

https://github.com/DaveDavenport/rofi/r … /tag/1.0.0

A second victim, that had been marked deprecated for more then a year, is the old method of specifying themes where every color option had one commandline flag. This method was very verbose and incomplete. With the theme repository and the online theme generator using and creating new themes should be easy enough.

#3 2016-04-27 13:09:33

dbishop

I seem to be having a similar problem, but the strange thing is that I've always loaded my config from .Xresources, but I keep the rofi specific part of the config in a different file, which I import in at the end of my .Xresources file:

! Commented lines start with '!'

! Import colorscheme first
!#include ".Xresources.d/themes/"

!#include ".Xresources.d/themes/cmyk"
#include ".Xresources.d/themes/donut"
!#include ".Xresources.d/themes/kiss_shot"
!#include ".Xresources.d/themes/sky"
!#include ".Xresources.d/themes/sunsetcity"

! Some font rendering fixings
Xft.dpi:        96
Xft.rgba:       rgb
Xft.antialias:  true
Xft.hinting:    true
Xft.hintstyle:  hintslight

! Import term and rofi configs last
#include ".Xresources.d/urxvt"
#include ".Xresources.d/rofi"

The imports for my color themes and my urxvt config work fine, but it seems that rofi doesn't, as none of my rofi configs seem to work.

Does anyone else have this problem?

#4 2016-05-03 18:43:21

netpumber

Indeed they change the config for colors in rofi but i still cannot make it work within i3 config file. For example i can run this command from the console and everything is working as expected

rofi -show run -lines 3 -eh 2 -width 100 -opacity "85" -padding 440 -font "System San Francisco Display 15" -color-window "#fdf6e3,#002b36" -color-normal "#ffffff,#ffffff,#ffffff,#ffffff,#ffffff"

but when i include that command in i3's config file like above it returns an error.

bindsym $mod+d exec rofi -show run -lines 3 -eh 2 -width 100 -opac    ity "85" -padding 440 -font "System San Francisco Display 15" -col    or-window "#fdf6e3,#002b36" -color-normal "#ffffff,#ffffff,#ffffff    ,#ffffff,#ffffff"

ERROR: Your command: exec rofi -show run -lines 3 -eh 2 -width 100 -opacity "85" -padding 440 -font "System San Francisco Display 15" -color-window "#fdf6e3,#002b36" -color-normal "#ffffff,#ffffff,#ffffff,#ffffff,#ffffff"
ERROR:                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I couldn't find any solution till now.

Last edited by netpumber (2016-05-03 18:44:00)

#5 2016-05-03 21:49:24

the_shiver

netpumber wrote:

but when i include that command in i3's config file like above it returns an error.
I couldn't find any solution till now.

my workaround for that was to make the keybind execute a script that just contains

rofi --$litany-of-options-go-here

hth

#6 2016-05-04 07:18:49

AndyRTR
Developer

I've switched to use theme color values from the upstream page: https://davedavenport.github.io/rofi/p05-Themes.html - they work well here.

Board footer