You are not logged in.

#1 2016-04-29 12:10:01

scindix
Website

[SOLVED] Compiling drishti (app for ct scan) fails with undef. refs

I'm trying to compile drishti from source (an app for visualizing tomography data, can be found here: http://anusf.anu.edu.au/Vizlab/drishti/ ) as there doesn't seem to be a binary for linux (although there's linux suport). There is a github page here: https://github.com/AjayLimaye/drishti
I had to install the files /usr/include/ncvalues.h and /usr/include/netcdfcpp.h (Ifound them via google here: ftp://ftp.geomar.de/users/astrehz/include/ ). Also I had to install the packages netcdf-cxx and netcdf. But I still get some errors with undefined references:

networkobject.o: In function `NetworkObject::loadNetCDF(QString)':
networkobject.cpp:(.text+0xa4c9): undefined reference to `NcError::NcError(NcError::Behavior)'
networkobject.cpp:(.text+0xa533): undefined reference to `NcFile::NcFile(char const*, NcFile::FileMode, unsigned long*, unsigned long, NcFile::FileFormat)'
networkobject.cpp:(.text+0xa56f): undefined reference to `NcFile::get_att(char const*) const'
networkobject.cpp:(.text+0xa5b4): undefined reference to `NcFile::get_var(char const*) const'
networkobject.cpp:(.text+0xa5ca): undefined reference to `NcVar::get_dim(int) const'
networkobject.cpp:(.text+0xa5d2): undefined reference to `NcDim::size() const'
networkobject.cpp:(.text+0xa633): undefined reference to `NcVar::get(float*, long, long, long, long, long) const'
networkobject.cpp:(.text+0xa725): undefined reference to `NcFile::get_var(char const*) const'
networkobject.cpp:(.text+0xa732): undefined reference to `NcVar::get_dim(int) const'
networkobject.cpp:(.text+0xa73a): undefined reference to `NcDim::size() const'
networkobject.cpp:(.text+0xa7a5): undefined reference to `NcVar::get(int*, long, long, long, long, long) const'
networkobject.cpp:(.text+0xabf6): undefined reference to `NcFile::num_vars() const'
networkobject.cpp:(.text+0xacfe): undefined reference to `NcFile::get_var(int) const'
networkobject.cpp:(.text+0xaf30): undefined reference to `NcVar::get(short*, long, long, long, long, long) const'
networkobject.cpp:(.text+0xb01d): undefined reference to `NcFile::close()'
networkobject.cpp:(.text+0xb981): undefined reference to `NcFile::~NcFile()'
networkobject.cpp:(.text+0xb98d): undefined reference to `NcError::~NcError()'
networkobject.cpp:(.text+0xbb5e): undefined reference to `NcVar::get(short*, long, long, long, long, long) const'
networkobject.cpp:(.text+0xbcdc): undefined reference to `NcVar::get(signed char*, long, long, long, long, long) const'
networkobject.cpp:(.text+0xbda2): undefined reference to `NcVar::get(int*, long, long, long, long, long) const'
networkobject.cpp:(.text+0xbe66): undefined reference to `NcVar::get(signed char*, long, long, long, long, long) const'
networkobject.cpp:(.text+0xbf1e): undefined reference to `NcVar::get(float*, long, long, long, long, long) const'
networkobject.cpp:(.text+0xbfdb): undefined reference to `NcVar::get(int*, long, long, long, long, long) const'
networkobject.cpp:(.text+0xc08c): undefined reference to `NcVar::get(float*, long, long, long, long, long) const'
networkobject.cpp:(.text+0xc112): undefined reference to `NcError::~NcError()'
networkobject.cpp:(.text+0xc129): undefined reference to `NcFile::~NcFile()'
networkobject.cpp:(.text+0xc210): undefined reference to `NcFile::get_var(char const*) const'
networkobject.cpp:(.text+0xc22b): undefined reference to `NcFile::get_var(char const*) const'
networkobject.cpp:(.text+0xc246): undefined reference to `NcFile::get_var(char const*) const'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Makefile:926: recipe for target '../bin/drishti' failed
make: *** [../bin/drishti] Error 1

I guess the problem is that I need an older version of netcdf, which would explain the two missing files, but I'm not really sure. What are my next steps? I really need this program. If I can't get it to work I will have to use wine or windows.

Last edited by scindix (2016-05-22 12:42:41)

#2 2016-04-29 13:04:30

scindix
Website

Re: [SOLVED] Compiling drishti (app for ct scan) fails with undef. refs

I forgot: I also had to generate the following link:

ln /usr/lib/libnetcdf_c++4.so /usr/lib/libnetcdf_c++.so

#3 2016-04-29 13:09:00

Lone_Wolf

I'm trying to compile drishti from source (an app for visualizing tomography data, can be found here: http://anusf.anu.edu.au/Vizlab/drishti/ ) as there doesn't seem to be a binary for linux (although there's linux suport).

Plenty of binaries here : https://github.com/AjayLimaye/drishti/releases
The first one on that page is for linux.

Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.

(A works at time B)  && (time C > time B ) ≠  (A works at time C)

#4 2016-05-04 12:07:10

scindix
Website

How could I not have seen this? Thanks for the link. I'll use that from now on.

However I was at least able to compile some of the code with the headers AND libs found on ftp://ftp.geomar.de/users/astrehz/ (if someone has a similar problem and needs to compile it)

Last edited by scindix (2016-05-04 12:10:34)

Board footer