You are not logged in.

#1 2016-03-16 07:01:06

Whooie

XBox controller input issues

I'm trying to use a wired XBox controller to play Steam games (Rivals of Aether, to be specific) in wine with a 32-bit prefix, but after the first press of either of the triggers, the input "sticks" for some reason, and the game starts behaving as if they were being held down. This behavior isn't specific to wine; before I disabled mouse control from the controller in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-joystick.conf, pressing either trigger for the first time would accelerate the mouse up or left, and wouldn't stop until I ended xpad. I've tried xboxdrv as well, with the same results. However what's interesting is that when I ran xboxdrv, the log showed both triggers being released: as I pressed down, the RT/LT values would increase from 0 to 255, and then decrease back to 0 as I let go. I've also checked around a bit and did find a suggestion to remove the xf86-input-joystick package, but

$ pacman -Qs xf86-input-joystick

turned up nothing. In addition, the Steam game also does not seem to recognize horizontal movement from the right stick, despite also showing proper values in the xboxdrv log.

Any suggestions?

Last edited by Whooie (2016-03-16 07:04:49)

#2 2016-05-04 20:54:27

spapanik21

Re: XBox controller input issues

Is the xpad module enabled or disabled?

For me the way it worked was with the following:

blacklist xpad, do not start it with systemctl, but do:

$ sudo /usr/bin/xboxdrv --daemon --pid-file /var/run/xboxdrv.pid --trigger-as-button --detach-kernel-driver --deadzone 4000 --deadzone-trigger 10%

everytime I want to use it

Last edited by spapanik21 (2016-05-04 22:23:50)

#3 2016-05-06 01:34:07

Whooie

Re: XBox controller input issues

Hi, thanks for your reply! When I ran the command, I got:

[ERROR] XboxdrvDaemon::run(): fatal exception: failed to get unique dbus name: Connection ":1.172529" is not allowed to own the service "org.seul.Xboxdrv" due to security policies in the configuration file
pure virtual method called
terminate called without an active exception
Aborted

Board footer