You are not logged in.

#1 2016-05-09 12:33:42

step

[SOLVED] Freeze shutdown and poweroff with gnome!

Hi, i'm sorry in advance for my bad english! I install Arch Linux today and i have one problem that i can't resolve, i create my user administrator but i can't shutdown or poweroff my pc; i try with:

sudo shutdown -h now

(the same with -r, poweroff and reboot). I try to shutdown/reboot with shell but my pc in all case freeze and i'm going to force poweroff with bottom power. The only one is logout and poweroff/reboot or with ttyX. Can you help me pls?

EDIT:
I resolve the problem using "Gnome with wayland", i can poweroff and reboot my pc! can you help me for resolve thi problem using gnome? What is the difference between gnome and gnome with wayland?

Last edited by step (2016-05-14 21:22:10)

#2 2016-05-09 12:42:19

x33a
Forum Fellow

Re: [SOLVED] Freeze shutdown and poweroff with gnome!

Do you get any messages in your journal around the time you attempt shutdown or reboot?

Not an installation issue, moving to "Kernel and Hardware".

#3 2016-05-09 13:20:23

step

Re: [SOLVED] Freeze shutdown and poweroff with gnome!

Sorry for wrong thread.

This problem is only one when i try to reboot or shutdown with graphical shell (gnome); the message that i see is: "kvm disable by bios" but this message is not for poweroff but is the first message that i see when i start my pc!

EDIT:
I think the problem is logout user cause if i try to reboot but first of i logout i can reboot without problem! And if i try gnome with waylan reboot work perfectally! so the problem is X or logout!

EDIT2:
SOLVED with remove GDM and install lightdm!

Last edited by step (2016-05-14 21:21:53)

Board footer