You are not logged in.

#1 2016-05-15 11:53:15

L0g4n

AMDGPU: Failes to load firmware of 390X

Hi guys,

i tried to use the AMDGPU driver to work with my Sapphire 390X because free radeon driver makes my system freeze after some amount of time and so the System is not stable to work with (and proprietary amd driver is currently incompatible wither newer X-Servers).
So I compiled my kernel with CIK flag set to enable support for my 390X.
Then I followed the instructions on the Arch Wiki about AMDGPU to enable it and the driver tries to enable the card but aborts with this error message (as stated above):

AMDGPU: Failed to load hardware firmware "radeon/hawaii_mc.bin"
AMDGPU: Exiting with error -2

Well, thats strange, because under this path this file exists but the driver does not seem to be able to load it properly.
I need the AMDGPU driver to work with my card because the radeon driver seems to be buggy with my card, so this is kinda of serious problem.

Last edited by L0g4n (2016-05-15 12:00:49)

#2 2016-05-15 16:35:07

Ropid

Re: AMDGPU: Failes to load firmware of 390X

Perhaps the file is corrupted on your disk? I'd try to reinstall the "linux-firmware" package which should overwrite the file (you can check if that's really the package owning the file by doing "pacman -Qo filename").

There's also a package "linux-firmware-git" in the AUR. It might get you a newer version of the file compared to what's in "linux-firmware" and that might fix something.

#3 2016-05-15 17:42:12

L0g4n

Re: AMDGPU: Failes to load firmware of 390X

Hm, I think I had alreay the newest linux-firmwacke package installed since not any updates were indicated after pacman -Syu.

Board footer