You are not logged in.

#1 2016-04-14 10:25:56

bijanbina
Website

Mouse Randomly Stop Working After Suspension

The normal time returning from suspension for my system is around a second but 20% of times it takes too long (about 1 to 2 minute) to reach GDM login page. In the latter The mouse stopped working and I have to disconnect and replug it or reboot system to get it back to work.

I already inspect systemd log. Although I attached it at the end of this post following line is repeated numerously

Apr 12 10:42:32 Bijan-PC /usr/lib/gdm/gdm-x-session[798]: (II) systemd-logind: releasing fd for 13:65
Apr 12 10:42:32 Bijan-PC /usr/lib/gdm/gdm-x-session[798]: (II) systemd-logind: got fd for /dev/input/event0 13:64 fd 24 paused 1

The mouse model is Corsair M65 which plug it in to the computer cause the boot time to slow considerably. to overcome this I follow the solution post out  here
It says

add

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="usbhid.quirks=0x058F:0x9410:0x20000000"

to

/etc/default/grub

This already solved the problem (slow boot time) for a while but I wonder if it's related to this problem.

Systemd log
* journalctl output is zipped and uploaded to my blog due to It's big size.

Last edited by bijanbina (2016-04-15 09:31:43)

#2 2016-05-12 09:53:41

bijanbina
Website

Re: Mouse Randomly Stop Working After Suspension

It's already past a month since I posted.
Is there any log I can check?
I don't know which project should I report this bug....
Is it evdev bug kernel bug or something else
Any tips would greatly appreciated.

#3 2016-05-12 15:24:47

ewaller
Administrator

I am troubled by these two lines

Apr 12 10:41:07 Bijan-PC kernel: usb usb1: root hub lost power or was reset
Apr 12 10:41:07 Bijan-PC kernel: usb usb2: root hub lost power or was reset

Is this a sleep state, or is it hibernating?  Are there any setting in your pre-boot configuration utility that control whether USB ports are powered down during sleep?

Second...  Well, let me start by expressing my extreme bias against gdm.  It is clearly doing something stupid with the file descriptors for event0 and event1 and is being very verbose about acquiring and then releasing said file descriptors at about 20Hz.
Can you try without using GDM?  Disable the service and set up an ~/.xinitrc file to run your session from aq console login then use startx, then try sleeping and recovering.

Last edited by ewaller (2016-05-12 15:25:06)

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

#4 2016-05-15 16:02:53

bijanbina
Website

Thank you for your reply.

ewaller wrote:

Is this a sleep state, or is it hibernating?  Are there any setting in your pre-boot configuration utility that control whether USB ports are powered down during sleep?

It's sleep state. For the pre-boot configuration, if you mean init.rc's files, I don't add any configurations.

ewaller wrote:

Second...  Well, let me start by expressing my extreme bias against gdm.  It is clearly doing something stupid with the file descriptors for event0 and event1 and is being very verbose about acquiring and then releasing said file descriptors at about 20Hz.
Can you try without using GDM?  Disable the service and set up an ~/.xinitrc file to run your session from aq console login then use startx, then try sleeping and recovering.

Splendid, your guess is right. After I disabled gdm and run gnome-session through startx, thus far no sign of freezing popped up. However the bug may not triggered yet, so I continue to update here if anything happens.
Nevertheless, do I need to mark this question as solved?

Last edited by bijanbina (2016-05-15 16:16:45)

#5 2016-05-15 18:03:20

ewaller
Administrator

bijanbina wrote:

Nevertheless, do I need to mark this question as solved?

Eventually you should.  You may want to watch it for a while.

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

#6 2016-05-15 18:08:32

fluxboxer

I don't use any display manager and with just xitinrc/startx I experience the same issue rarely, but I can't remember if it's with sleep->wakeup or between fast tty changes. Just changing again and coming back to the default tty solves the issue immediately.

Board footer