You are not logged in.

#1 2016-05-19 15:17:58

daviddavo

[SOLVED] Awesome WM: Use pannels and wallpaper manager per screen

Hello, I'm using Kde with Awesome as WM, but I'm missing 2 things...
1) The panels: I don't know if I can get them back, the thing I miss the most is the app selector (Not krunner)
2) The wallpaper manager. I have 3 screens and each one has a different aspect ratio. With KDE i could set up a different configuration for each screen (one as static, and the other two with a presentation from diffetent folders)

To run Awesome I set the "Windows Manager" in the KDE System Settings, and to run KDE I use startx with "exec startkde", but in .config/autostart I have plasmashell hidden.

Well, I'm asking if I can do this things. For example, I don't know If i can do the wallpaper thing with the rc.lua

Solution: To change the Wallpapers I used a little script and feh. And as bar, there are plenty of programs.

Last edited by daviddavo (2016-05-21 17:29:07)

#2 2016-05-19 15:27:52

arojas
Developer

Re: [SOLVED] Awesome WM: Use pannels and wallpaper manager per screen

If you are not running kwin and you're not running plasmashell, then what do you exactly mean by "I'm using KDE"? The plasmashell process is Plasma (what you call KDE)

#3 2016-05-19 16:03:35

daviddavo

arojas wrote:

If you are not running kwin and you're not running plasmashell, then what do you exactly mean by "I'm using KDE"? The plasmashell process is Plasma (what you call KDE)

Well, I'm trying Awesome WM, I don't want to change the Desktop Enviroment yet

#4 2016-05-19 16:43:05

arojas
Developer

Then you are not running KDE, you should remove that from your title to avoid confusion.

Board footer