You are not logged in.

#1 2006-05-10 19:59:29

EAD

small movies, need a little help

Hii, When watching movies under my firefox, in sites like apple.com, I am do a full screen size, but it doesnt screth if for full size, so I get a little windows of a movie, and all the background is black, what can be the problem please?
and I am sorry for put this in this forum, not sure where to put it.
roll  :?:

#2 2006-05-10 20:44:09

hotsauce

Re: small movies, need a little help

I have the same problem using mplayer-plugin. Actually the same with just the regular mplayer when watching movies.

Now what I do is use the console to launch "mplayer -zoom 1 [filename]" and then I am able to resize it to full screen. I know this doesn't help for web movies, but I would be very curious to know if it's the same problem you have and if anyone can help me deal with this situation.

Thanx a lot

#3 2006-05-10 20:56:08

kill

hotsauce wrote:

is use the console to launch "mplayer -zoom 1 [filename]" and then I am able to resize it to full screen.

Try adding

zoom=yes

to /etc/mplayer/mplayer.conf (system wide) or ~/.mplayer/config (user only)

If you still can't zoom try adding

vo=xv

to the config file as well.

#4 2006-05-10 22:19:03

brain0
Developer

You both have misconfigured xorg. If XVideo is available, mplayer uses Xv automatically and will support (hardware accelerated) scaling without any further tweaks.

#5 2006-05-11 05:41:33

EAD

brain0 wrote:

You both have misconfigured xorg. If XVideo is available, mplayer uses Xv automatically and will support (hardware accelerated) scaling without any further tweaks.

haa?
So what can we do?

#6 2006-05-11 12:04:11

EAD

kill wrote:
hotsauce wrote:

is use the console to launch "mplayer -zoom 1 [filename]" and then I am able to resize it to full screen.

Try adding

zoom=yes

vo=xv

Amm I have add the zoom=yes line, now it does full zoom, the problem is that the sound and the movie isn't synchronized,What can I do please??

#7 2006-05-11 12:15:05

brain0
Developer

EAD wrote:
kill wrote:
hotsauce wrote:

Try adding

zoom=yes

vo=xv

Amm I have add the zoom=yes line, now it does full zoom, the problem is that the sound and the movie isn't synchronized,What can I do please??

zoom=yes does software scaling, which slows down video output considerably (you can use -framedrop to prevent your sync issue, but it will be ugly).

You have to use the correct driver for your video card. vesa doesn't have xvideo support.  fglrx has it disabled by default (google helps with that). If you are unsure what to do, post your xorg.conf.

#8 2006-05-11 12:17:46

FUBAR
Website

brain0 wrote:

Dude, elaborate! If I run mplayer without the -zoom parameter it won't zoom either. I've noticed that VLC does zoom, but very badly: the quality is a lot worse than mplayer -zoom.

I'll google for the xvideo.

A bus station is where a bus stops.
A train station is where a train stops.
On my desk I have a workstation.

#9 2006-05-11 14:55:39

EAD

brain0 wrote:
EAD wrote:
kill wrote:
hotsauce wrote:

Try adding

zoom=yes

vo=xv

zoom=yes does software scaling, which slows down video output considerably (you can use -framedrop to prevent your sync issue, but it will be ugly).

You have to use the correct driver for your video card. vesa doesn't have xvideo support.  fglrx has it disabled by default (google helps with that). If you are unsure what to do, post your xorg.conf.

I am using Nvidia card, what shell I do?

#10 2006-05-11 15:22:12

kill

EAD wrote:

I am using Nvidia card, what shell I do?

What driver do you have set in your /etc/X11/xorg.config?

If you don't have nv or nvidia set as the driver you will want to make sure you have xf86-video-nv installed and set the driver in your xorg.config to nvidia.

#11 2006-05-11 16:15:35

EAD

Ok, fixed it up
Tanx guys.

Board footer