You are not logged in.

#1 2016-05-20 06:54:15

SaphirShroom

Looking for Mapping Touchscreen Regions to Actions

Hey everyone,

recently I've started trying out touchegg in order to be able to use my new tablet more efficiently (this thing is awesome by the way and runs Arch Linux!). My current goal is to make my tablet into a Nintendo DS of sorts that allows me to play things like Pokemon on it.
Now the problem is that, as we all know, a Nintendo DS has buttons. My tablet doesn't. What I would love to have is a mapping layer (ideally it would run somewhere under or within Touchegg) that allows me to map my touch screen gestures to different actions depending on where I click. For example, you could map four corners of the screen to the arrow keys, such that clicking within those areas would allow you to navigate a text - or a game.
Before I reinvented the wheel I wanted to make sure that this hadn't been programmed already. I haven't looked into Touchegg's or geis' source code either, so I'd be happy if someone had some ideas regarding implementation although I enjoy the challenge of finding those myself.

#2 2016-05-20 13:57:59

JohnBobSmith

Re: Looking for Mapping Touchscreen Regions to Actions

The very first portion of the wiki mentions the configuration file tongue It even has a list of mappable parameters. I would suggest trying to map them yourself first, and posting back here if you run into any outright errors. I had never heard of touchegg until I saw this thread, so I will be of no help. But good luck with what seems to be an exiting project!

I am diagnosed with bipolar disorder. As it turns out, what I thought was my greatest weakness is now my greatest strength.

Everyday, I make a conscious choice to overcome my challenges and my problems. It's not easy, but its better than the alternative...

Board footer