You are not logged in.

#26 2015-01-26 13:54:12

falconindy
Developer
Website

Re: Pacman intermittent output

For anyone interested in what makes mirrors.kernel.org a special snowflake: It serves responses via nginx with chunked-transfer encoding (and therefore no Content-Length header). However, it also uses Varnish. Once a file is cached, Varnish does provide a Content-Length header. It doesn't make any sense to serve static content with chunked transfer, so I've asked the webmaster to not do this. They've agreed to do so, but it doesn't appear that the change is live yet.

#27 2015-01-27 15:54:36

nomorewindows

falconindy wrote:

For anyone interested in what makes mirrors.kernel.org a special snowflake: It serves responses via nginx with chunked-transfer encoding (and therefore no Content-Length header). However, it also uses Varnish. Once a file is cached, Varnish does provide a Content-Length header. It doesn't make any sense to serve static content with chunked transfer, so I've asked the webmaster to not do this. They've agreed to do so, but it doesn't appear that the change is live yet.

Looks like my idea that kernel.org was somehow related shows up to correct.

I may have to CONSOLE you about your usage of ridiculously easy graphical interfaces...
Look ma, no mouse.

#28 2015-02-19 00:59:19

nomorewindows

The mirrors seem to be really picky lately.  And apparently they don't want to support byte ranges either.

I may have to CONSOLE you about your usage of ridiculously easy graphical interfaces...
Look ma, no mouse.

#29 2015-02-23 13:32:22

nomorewindows

I can at least tell which packages are trying to be downloaded if I have pacserv entries in my mirrorlist.

Look ma, no mouse.

#30 2015-04-20 13:47:07

nomorewindows

Looks like pacman maybe is fixed now?

Look ma, no mouse.

#31 2016-05-21 15:08:43

nomorewindows

Even though this problem was solved because of proxy usage on the repo end, I'm able to cause similar behaviour by tying squid+delegate together https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php … 7#p1628837 But in order for the best features of squid+delegate to work together, I'm using squid as the front end of the proxy and delegate at the back end (caching) of the proxy.  I think it's because squid is waiting on delegate is why there's no output.  But yet I can watch it with sqtop from AUR.

Look ma, no mouse.

Board footer