You are not logged in.

#1 2016-05-24 13:29:20

MarthaParkin

[Solved] error: key "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" could not be looked up remotely

I see there are a few threads on the forum related to this error but all that I have read are for upgrades on an existing installation whereas Im getting it on a fresh install.

I got this after downloading all the base devel packages and it got to checking for keys.

I see there are likely issues with the clock causing the error but I can't install ntp or dont know how to without being able to do pacman. My timezone is uk but the timezone stuff only comes after youve done the installation in the beginners guide and once you change root right? I tried to change how the system is at the moment and chose UK but still its an hour off. i had time issues on my other arch install -tho never had issues on installation till today- and ntp fixed it for me. but it wont let me install it now since pacman wont work.

so what should i do?

Now I think of it i skipped setting the time at the start of the guide as i presumed it was superfluous. could this be the problem? do i need to reboot and start again or can i stil salvage it? its just that it took a long time to download the packages so would prefer the latter if it wont be more trouble than the former.

EDIT: solved by some kind person's reply on arch

I had the same problem this morning, installing Arch for the first time as well.. This seemed to help:

pacman-key --init; pacman-key --populate archlinux

Good luck.

Last edited by MarthaParkin (2016-05-24 13:55:58)

#2 2016-05-25 12:26:41

mrunion
Website

Re: [Solved] error: key "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" could not be looked up remotely

For future reference, a quick Arch Wiki search would have produced: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Pa … he_keyring

Matt

"It is very difficult to educate the educated."

Board footer