You are not logged in.

#1 2016-05-29 19:11:57

Gab

Hibernation on ThinkPad T450

Hi all,
I am new with ArchLinux. I am experiencing many problems with hibernation on my laptop (ThinkPad T450). What I did is to follow the wiki page in order to enable it.

So, first of all, I added the "resume" hook to the /etc/mkinitcpio.conf file; this is my hooks' list:

HOOKS="base udev resume autodetect modconf block filesystems keyboard fsck"

I also ran the command sudo mkinitcpio -p linux to generate the new ramdisk environment.

After that, I updated the /etc/default/grub in order to say Grub which is the swap partition; this is what I modified:

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="resume=/dev/sda1"

I'm sure that /dev/sda1 is the swap partition, since

gab@moore $ lsblk 
NAME   MAJ:MIN RM   SIZE RO TYPE MOUNTPOINT
sda      8:0    0 238,5G  0 disk 
├─sda1   8:1    0  14,9G  0 part [SWAP]

I concluded the procedure by executing sudo grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.conf.

This should be enough to have the hibernation working, but it is not so in my case. In particular, after loading kernel, my screen becomes black, and I cannot do anything (for example ctrl+alt+{F1,F2,...,F6} do not work!).

In the same wiki page a possible workaround is mentioned with respect to the issue I'm having. This workaround consists in using a long term support kernel. So, I changed my kernel to the lts one, by executing

sudo pacman -S linux-lts linux-headers-lts

After that, I again executed sudo grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg as well.

Unfortunately, I do not have different result: my screen becomes black after the lts-kernel has been loaded.
Do I miss something? What am I wronging?

Thanks!
Gab

Board footer