You are not logged in.

#1 2006-05-12 14:44:57

Komodo

KDE sound notifications struggling a bit

I've just taking a rather large step from CLI-heaven in Ratpoison to bloated GUI niceness in KDE. So far I'm very impressed, I have to say.

One thing that's bugging me is the delay before a sound is played; if eg. I try to close a window, it freezes for a few milliseconds, then plays the sound and minimizes the window. Similarly, in Kopete a message received sound struggles to play, but then once it has, everything's fine.

This problem happens with every sound, but oddly the problem only happens when it's been a certain period of time since the last sound was played. For example, someone just IMd me several times through Kopete, and the first sound caused my typing to not appear for a few milliseconds as I input this post, yet subsequent messages had no difficulty in playing the sound.

I'd like to get this fixed if possible, because it's pretty irritating! Any suggestions from those more accustomed to KDE?

.oO Komodo Dave Oo.

#2 2006-05-12 15:06:57

lucke

Re: KDE sound notifications struggling a bit

If you're still using arts, I'd suggest you to disable it and set akodeplay, mplayer or what else as external notification player (player settings in system notifications window).

#3 2006-05-12 16:22:10

Komodo

Re: KDE sound notifications struggling a bit

Giggidy, I installed the oh-so-lean, oh-so-mean sox and changed the notification settings to use that, and the problem is now remedied big_smile

Cheers lucke wink  I like easy solutions.

.oO Komodo Dave Oo.

Board footer