You are not logged in.

#1 2016-06-04 13:56:24

vegas

opencl on Intel HD graphics

I just wanted to invest maybe half an hour this morning in practicing python and investigating opencl functionality. Maybe it depends on my fucked up method of getting things done by installing everything which has the even the slicest literal similarity to any of the buzzwords related to my problem or - less probable - it isn't my own fault, that it takes nearly 7 hours to get opencl working.

the error I got, when I try to (in python shell):

>> import pyopencl as cl
>> cl.get_platforms()[-1]
Failed to release test userptr object! (9) i915 kernel driver may not be sane!

using clinfo seg faulted in similar manner.

I googled the error, which made me try to rebuild beignet. Which constantly fail until I deleted all failing patches in its clang patch file. beignet builds, but doesn't solve the error.

using gdb clinfo led me to rebuilding intel-opencl-runtime. Which seems do depend on libtinfo-5. Its mentioned in the comments but actually not adapted.

I am not able to see the connection between opencl and ncurses. Installing libtinfo-5 solves the issue. Kindly its mentioned in the packages comment, that it is useful for cuda.

So, I have no question. Just wanna mention how to handle this error to prevent future clusterfucks.

Board footer