You are not logged in.

#1 2016-06-10 11:16:27

Sviests

Android AVD using optirun or primusrun crash

I'm currently attending an Android App programming course and we just started the topic of OpenGL.
Everything up till this point worked fine with my Android Studio install and all the necessary tools for everything to work.

I managed to solve the issue of not being able to launch the AVD emulator with Hardware graphics, due to the libGL error, by just renaming the
libstdc++ file in the /sdk/tools/lib64 which made it possible to display any sort of graphics using OpenGL on the emulator.
But now I noticed that I get fairly poor performance even with just a simple square that is rotating on the screen...

I spend quite some time today to see if my Nvidia Optimus installation is working properly, which it seems to be
I can enable and disable the discrete GPU using bbswitch by passing ON or OFF to /proc/acpi/bbswitch and I know that it works
because turning it off gives me an additional 2-3h of battery life. Also launching glxspheres64/32 with optirun and primusrun works perfect
and I am getting fps of 250+ with optirun and a stable 60 fps with primusrun (with vsync enabled by default).

So the issue is that when I launch the AVD emulator with either optirun or primusrun, the emulator itself starts fine and I can notice a huge
improvement in the graphics by just launching the menu or some pre-installed apps on the emulator, but when I compile and launch the written OpenGL
program, the app quits unexpectedly and I am quite sure that it's not due to my coding skills (or lack of them), as it launches perfectly fine if the AVD is launched
without either optirun or primusrun.

I would be more than happy to provide any logs that might reflect my issue better, but I'm not quite sure which ones to post, so feel free to make suggestions wink

Thanks!

Board footer