You are not logged in.

#1 2016-06-12 19:53:19

whoops

python object "DB" / What's up with "community/python-persistent"?

Hi!

I'm a bit confused... does "community/python-persistent" actually do anything? The "upstream url" seems to be broken... and it looks like it might need ZODB before it can be of any use... but ZODB isn't in the repos / AUR and all releases I could find bring their own / different version of "python-persistent"? I vaguely remember having worked with "zope / plone" ~10 years ago and it was a terrible experience... not entirely sure if ZODB is "related", but if at all possible, I'd rather stay away from that and use something more "vanilla python". Also, if possible, I'd rather use something that's in the archlinux repos than something that makes me mess around with PyPa-pip-stuff...

Maybe I'm just confused by the online documentation(s from different sources) because I only just started giving python a try...

So, the most important question I have is probably:
If I "just" want to save/load objects to/from a file, is "stuff in the archlinux repos" the wrong place to look and if so, where should I go instead?

( already tried using sqlite3 instead... encoding and decoding objects to/from an sql db is just too messy + inefficient for my taste. Especially since I'm messing around with mutagen which has a rather sql-unfriendly object / data structure)

edit: Just realized, that since zope is in the repos, so ZODB should be too... can't find it though hmm
Huh, and there's someone with a similar'ish problem from many many years ago, still unanswered: https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=31524

nv wrote:

Then, the next problem is, that all the examples I could find on the net do an 'import ZODB' which will not work with either zope or zope2 as installed by pacman. What do I need to import to use this?

The Internets are kind of vague on the topic...

Last edited by whoops (2016-06-12 21:29:43)

Board footer