You are not logged in.

#1 2016-06-14 16:55:54

markubiak

[SOLVED] PulseAudio refuses new connections after ~10 minutes

SOLVED: FireJail was causing issues with my pulseaudio server.  I just uninstalled FireJail, but a supposed workaround is listed on FireJail's website

I've been debugging various things on my Arch computers for awhile now; this is the first issue that has me completely stumped.

I'm running pulseaudio as my own user (either using systemd user mode or through a terminal).  When Pulse starts, everything works perfectly.  However, after somewhere between 5 and 15 minutes, no new applications can connect to Pulse.  Existing streams have no issue continuing playback indefinintely; but all new connections do not work.  Restarting the Pulesaudio server fixes the issue, but the issue comes back again after another 5 or 15 minutes.  I did the logical thing and checked my log; however there were no errors, only a warning that my default and alternate sample rates were the same.

Slightly confused, I ran "pulseaudio -vvvv" and recorded the output.  I ran the startup, opened spotify and youtube, and played audio for ~20m.  I then started up `pavucontrol`, which opened to an "Establishing connection to PulseAudio Server....", indicating that the problem had occured.  I then closed spotify and youtube, ran `pavucontrol` again, and performed a clean PA shutdown using `pulseaudio -k` from another terminal instance.  Here is the log for the above procedure..  Each section is marked by a header beginning with "#~ ".  You can find these labelled sections using CTRL+F.

The most interesting thing that this procedure produced was the fact that there was no log output between starting spotify and opening `pavucontrol`, despite the fact that PA began refusing new connections sometime during that period.  I need some help here, the only thing I've ruled out is that it was a device sleep issue, since audio was playing nonstop during testing.  If anyone has ideas or needs specific logs, I will be elated to provide them.  Thank you!

Last edited by markubiak (2016-06-17 13:56:19)

Board footer