You are not logged in.

#1 2016-06-15 13:30:50

l1nuxfr3@k

[SOLVED] Can't switch to other windows while playing Minecraft

The title says it all. I know this is a general problem with Linux, not only with Arch.
When I launch the game and maximize the game to the full screen, it works, but if I try to put it back to a small-sized window, it doesn't work all the time, I get a black window.

Also, the bigger problem (and the reason for this topic) is that when I want to switch to other apps (example: firefox) I am unavailable to use my keyboard and sometimes the Minecraft window becomes really persistent and acts like "on top" window. I cannot switch to other windows which is a problem because Minecraft is huge and generally I like to follow the tutorials on the Web so switching to other windows is necessary to me. Also, I tried switching to a new tty, logging in, starting X, and launching firefox. That worked, but from time to time I cannot switch back to my tty7 where the game is.. Whole GNOME restarts and all the apps quit, including the game.

I am using jre8-openjdk and jre8-openjdk-headless packages for Java runtime environment.
Are there any guys (or girls big_smile) out there that play Minecraft and have solved this issue?

Last edited by l1nuxfr3@k (2016-07-08 09:20:17)

Proud Arch user, programmer & guitarist.

#2 2016-06-15 14:19:50

Morn

Re: [SOLVED] Can't switch to other windows while playing Minecraft

Maximising and un-maximising MC 1.10 works just fine for me in KDE, no black window. So I think the solution is to use a different window manager.

#3 2016-07-08 09:17:33

l1nuxfr3@k

Re: [SOLVED] Can't switch to other windows while playing Minecraft

It looks like it has to do with the game itself.
Nothing we can do about it. big_smile

Your solution could work. Marking as [SOLVED] smile

Proud Arch user, programmer & guitarist.

Board footer