You are not logged in.

#1 2016-06-15 19:27:29

thewisenoob

Anti-aliasing with xf86-video-ati driver

I can't get anti-aliasing working with any games using the open-source radeon driver unless the game has its own anti-aliasing options. Forcing it with driconf does nothing. Driconf seems to have no effect on anything. I ran it as su and not. Neither affect anything. Any thoughts on what I can do to fix this problem? I really want to force anti-aliasing with Witcher 2 and some games I play via WINE.

I'm sorry if this is in the wrong subforum. I wasn't sure which one it fit into.

Last edited by thewisenoob (2016-06-15 19:38:17)

#2 2016-06-15 21:42:48

olive

Re: Anti-aliasing with xf86-video-ati driver

Is there a software in the repository that show the problem? I have forced antialiasing (with he same driver as you but I am not sure it is relevant) by
symlinking 10-hinting-full.conf from /etc/fonts/conf.avail to /etc/fonts/conf.d and by setting it in the setings of XFCE (whci set the resources:

Xft.antialias:	1
Xft.hintstyle:	hintfull
Xft.rgba:	rgb
Xft.dpi:	96

But I am completely unsure of the effect in the games you mention.

#3 2016-06-16 00:12:27

thewisenoob

Re: Anti-aliasing with xf86-video-ati driver

olive wrote:

Is there a software in the repository that show the problem? I have forced antialiasing (with he same driver as you but I am not sure it is relevant) by
symlinking 10-hinting-full.conf from /etc/fonts/conf.avail to /etc/fonts/conf.d and by setting it in the setings of XFCE (whci set the resources:

Xft.antialias:	1
Xft.hintstyle:	hintfull
Xft.rgba:	rgb
Xft.dpi:	96

But I am completely unsure of the effect in the games you mention.

I believe that is for font anti-aliasing, which is working fine for me. I just want to be able to force anti-aliasing via the driver for games that don't have their own option for anti-aliasing. Something like the Catalyst Command Center or whatever it's called has or what the nVidia Settings program has.

Last edited by thewisenoob (2016-06-16 00:12:53)

Board footer