You are not logged in.

#1 2016-06-18 20:41:55

wolverine96

[Solved] VeSTige has disappeared from LMMS

I recently re-installed Arch, and decided to give LMMS a try.  I installed it with:

sudo pacman -S lmms

I played around a bit, and tried following this tutorial on Youtube.  In order to follow along, you need to use the VST plugin Synth1.  I was able to add VeSTige from the instrument panel, but of course I couldn't actually use it yet.

I enabled the multilib repos, and installed wine with:

sudo pacman -S wine

I also downloaded Synth1 from this page (I download the first one, Synth1 Ver 1.13 beta3 32bit/64bit).
I changed the VST plugin folder for LMMS in the settings to a new folder, /home/username/lmms/VSTs, and then unzipped Synth1 into it.

Here's the problem.  When I open LMMS, I no longer have VeSTige in the instrument panel.  This is strange, because I know it was showing up before.  It seemed to break after I installed wine.  I have un-installed and re-installed both LMMS and wine, but that didn't fix anything.

I searched the forum, and there are very few threads about this issue.  This one seemed to be closest to what I am experiencing, but it is old and lmms-vst is no longer in the AUR.

According to the LMMS Manual, "If vestige is not showing under the instrument plugins, there is prob an issue with wine. To solve this, a distro specific forum is the best place to ask for help. (or contact the package manager)"  I can't imagine what could be wrong with wine, as I haven't messed with any settings.

Does anybody know how to fix this issue?  I have tried to give as much information as I could, but let me know if I am missing anything.

Last edited by wolverine96 (2016-06-18 23:54:48)

#2 2016-06-18 23:52:44

wolverine96

Re: [Solved] VeSTige has disappeared from LMMS

I'm not sure what the problem actually was, but I used the lmms-git package from the AUR, and used git to build and install it.  Now everything works perfectly!
This was my first time using git, and it was much easier than I was expecting!

Last edited by wolverine96 (2016-06-18 23:55:37)

Board footer