You are not logged in.

#1 2016-06-18 20:13:42

matthew_TKA
Website

[SOLVED] 'undefined reference to' Linker errors with LLVM (3.9.0svn)

I recently switched from developing on a Macbook Pro with OS X to Arch Linux on an MSI GS40.

So far I am loving Arch and the hardware I have in this MSI is pretty impressive.

I have been developing a programming language for a few months now (on and off in my spare time) that I would like to eventually open source.  I use Flex, Bison, and LLVM so that even the language itself is written in a very declarative manner and I can compile to native C ABI (and even webassembly with Emscripten).

I figured I would ask here in the programming section of the Arch forums as there could be something I'm missing in the system setup that would result in the linker error I'm getting.

I have asked the question on stackoverflow as well with detailed information of the error and verbose output from the build. If you have an answer feel free to get the credit there as well.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I love how active this community is... I already have more views here then stackoverflow O.o.

Last edited by matthew_TKA (2016-06-19 01:51:51)

MSI GS40 6QE PHANTOM
Website

#2 2016-06-19 01:51:07

matthew_TKA
Website

Re: [SOLVED] 'undefined reference to' Linker errors with LLVM (3.9.0svn)

I answered my own question on StackOverflow.

For those of you interested this actually turned out to be a bug in ABI incompatability between GCC 5.0 and the current Clang (in my case 3.9.0).  If you want to know more you can check out the linked bug on my answer.

MSI GS40 6QE PHANTOM
Website

Board footer