You are not logged in.

#1 2016-06-22 09:44:02

berillions

[Qemu-KVM-Virt]Windows 10 guest glitches/freeze if i set more 2GB RAM

Hi Achers,

I have a big problem with my Win10 guest which is used with Passthrough (Nvidia 970) and my Linux which use Nvidia 960. The Win10 install, Nvidia driver install and others apps's install worked correctly. Unfortunatly, after 5-10 mins of use, the system freeze and i have glitches/corruption in the Desktop or in-game.

After to create Hugepages and modified the .xml file to add the option, added cpu-pinning too, the issue still exist. Yesterday, i discovered where come from this (sorry) fucking issue.
In fact, if i allocate to the VM more of 2GB (4GB for the Host and 4GB for the Guest), the issue appears quickly and the system is unstable/unusable. But if i change the option in Virt-Manager and decrease the Memory Ram to 2GB for the Guest, i have not this issue...

I don't know where come from the problem. I did a bootable memtest and there weren't errors.
If i use the IGP Intel for the Host and 970 for the Guest, i haven't this problem. Only if i use the both Nvidia.

Thanks for your help,
Maxime

#2 2016-06-22 16:18:35

alphaniner

Re: [Qemu-KVM-Virt]Windows 10 guest glitches/freeze if i set more 2GB RAM

If you haven't already, I'd recommend also taking your issue to the vfio-users mailing list.

But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist.
-Lysander Spooner

Board footer