You are not logged in.

#1 2016-06-22 21:25:55

DimonLuk

Wine or Playonlinux for Dota2

Hello arhcers. Please help me to play Dota 2. I don't know how to start it on my laptop(Lenovo IdeaPad 100-15 with Intel and Nvidia graphics). I installed Steam for linux but it doesn't run

/home/dimonluk/.local/share/Steam/steam.sh: line 161: VERSION_ID: unbound variable
/home/dimonluk/.local/share/Steam/steam.sh: line 161: VERSION_ID: unbound variable
Running Steam on arch  64-bit
STEAM_RUNTIME is enabled automatically
Installing breakpad exception handler for appid(steam)/version(1465948400)

That's I've got in my console when I tried to run steam.
After that I installed playonlinux from official rep and here I installed steam but it doesn't run too.(Here I want to insert playonlinux.log but I don't know how to insert it). Playonlinux doesn't have Dota 2. May be I have to use wine. But I don't know how to configure it, please help me with this

Last edited by DimonLuk (2016-06-22 21:37:20)

#2 2016-06-23 18:21:23

qdqdq

Re: Wine or Playonlinux for Dota2

Have you tried the solution for this issue found by RunningDroid on GitHub?

Line 161 of steam.sh throws an error because it tries to pull VERSION_ID from /etc/os-release and Arch has /etc/os-release but it doesn't have a VERSION_ID.

The solution is to change line 160 of steam.sh from

elif [ -f /etc/os-release ]; then

to something like this

elif $(grep 'VERSION_ID' /etc/os-release > /dev/null 2>&1); then

which causes steam.sh to (correctly) use the generic fallback.

After fixing that, steam.sh errors out with

/home/runningdroid/.local/share/Steam/steam.sh: line 710: LD_LIBRARY_PATH: unbound variable

$LD_LIBRARY_PATH isn't usually set by default so to fix that change line 710 from

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/lib32"

to

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="${LD_LIBRARY_PATH:-/usr/lib}:/usr/lib32"

(That fixes it on Arch 64-bit, I don't know what library directories other distros have)

Board footer