You are not logged in.

#1 2016-06-26 05:43:45

quantumtremor

Hyper_R+Shift+2 doesn't register; any subset or variation does works

I'm using Arch Linux, latest updates, on a new Dell XPS 13 Developer Edition laptop, with X.org, and i3 window manager. However I believe X.org and i3 are irrelevant here.

For use in i3, I've remapped the caps lock key to Hyper_R, and added Hyper_R to the mod3 modifier. This issue persists even when I use a blank i3 config, so I'll ignore that for now.

Basically, when I do specifically Hyper_R+Shift+2, it is not registered. If I do Hyper_R+2, or Shift+2, or Hyper_R+Shift+3, or Hyper_R+Shift+1, or just 2, it is registered (I'm verifying with screenkey). I can't think of why this might be the case. I thought it was my particular Xmodmap settings, but the following says otherwise:

When I reset my Xmodmap with

setxkbmap -layout us

, the same issue persists, except it can be seen by opening a terminal, then pressing Caps+Shift+2 doesn't enter anything, but Caps+Shift+3 or Caps+Shift+1 enters # and ! to the terminal, and so on.

Finally, the exact same effect in the previous paragraph occurs when I switch to another tty with Ctrl+Alt+F2 and use the regular terminal. So I think it's a more fundamental issue.

Any tips on how to diagnose this issue? Thanks.

Last edited by quantumtremor (2016-06-26 05:57:19)

#2 2016-06-26 08:58:53

shmibs
Website

Re: Hyper_R+Shift+2 doesn't register; any subset or variation does works

the first thing that comes to mind is that it may be a keyboard hardware issue.  see here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rollover_%28key%29

[site] | [dotfiles] | あたしたち、人間じゃないの?

#3 2016-12-04 21:18:50

kapitan

Re: Hyper_R+Shift+2 doesn't register; any subset or variation does works

I have exactly the same problem! In particular HYPER_R+ SHIFT_L+2 does not work (try it in xev), while the SHIFT_R does!

Have you been able to find a solution or workaround to the problem by any chance?

Board footer