You are not logged in.

#1 2016-06-26 07:37:37

olive

Default mount options for devices mounted in XFCE GUI

I am on Xfce. When I plug a removable disk, it appears on the Desktop and is mounted when I open it (or can be automounted according to the configuration). In XFCE, it is the file manager Thunar probably with the help of gvfs and udisk that does the job. I would like to set different mount options for removable medias (in particular I do not want to mount them with the sync option for performance reason). Of course I can mount them manually or via /etc/fstab but I would like to change the default mount options (possibly per filesystem) that are used when I just click on a new inserted device.

Last edited by olive (2016-06-26 07:38:55)

#2 2016-06-26 08:08:48

jasonwryan
Anarchist
Website

Re: Default mount options for devices mounted in XFCE GUI

Udiskie reads a conf file, from which you can specify mount options (amongst other things)...

Arch + dwm   •   Mercurial repos  •   Surfraw

Registered Linux User #482438

#3 2016-06-26 09:52:04

olive

Re: Default mount options for devices mounted in XFCE GUI

jasonwryan wrote:

Udiskie reads a conf file, from which you can specify mount options (amongst other things)...

Excuse mi ignorance but I am lost here. Where is this conf file? Where are the documentation about it? The only thing I can find is this. We can apparently pass some options to udisk via environment variables passed by udev but I see nothing related to my question.

Board footer