You are not logged in.

#1 2016-06-27 13:34:57

phat_sumo

Systemd not showing Boot Entries

I've been running Arch dualbooted with Windows 10 on my laptop for ~4 months now. About 2 weeks ago, I decided to try installing Plymouth to make booting look a little less ugly. A couple days ago, I realized that it had stopped showing the systemd boot entries/options screen.

It appears to be skipping the 5 second timeout I set in my loader.conf and just booting straight into Arch. If I press ESC when it would normally appear, I get a bios screen displaying boot options like "Linux Boot Manager" and "Windows Boot Manager", and I'm still able to boot into Windows that way, but it's rather strange that it's changed.

The odd thing is, it seemed to be working previously, even with Plymouth. In my haste I decided it was probably something weird with Plymouth and uninstalled it, but that hasn't solved the problem.

So far, I've removed the "plymouth" hook from my initramfs at rebuilt it with

mkinitcpio -p linux

No issues there.

I've removed the "quiet splash" boot options from my arch.conf options-

options root=PARTUUID=b73852af-fa0c-4a41-84db-4019f554ad6e quiet splash rw

is now

options root=PARTUUID=b73852af-fa0c-4a41-84db-4019f554ad6e rw

I've also removed the gdm-plymouth, libgdm-plymouth, and plymouth packages, and disabled plymouth-gdm.service in favour of gdm.service.

Is there something obvious I'm missing? Where would be the next best place to look? I haven't seen a lot else on the forums or elsewhere about this particular issue.

Board footer