You are not logged in.

#1 2016-06-28 17:49:15

markg85

Libinput trackpad disable movement threshold before cursor moves?

Hi,

I'm using libinput for about a week now. I like it, have barely any issues with it and can very easily enable natural scrolling.
Great new features!

However, there is one annoyance i have which i like to get rid of.
When you put your finger on the trackpad and move very slightly (to move the cursor a few pixels) it won't move at all! You have to keep "pushing" it a few more pixels and then the cursor jumps about (in my case) 7mm or so.
That's very annoying! When i mis click a link i'm very close to it and when that threshold kicks in it - again - overshoots the think i'm trying to click. So i have to come at it again from a slightly larger distance, slow down (but don't stop) till i'm on the thing i want to click. Then click.

Funny to describe it that way smile

Anyway, i'd really like to get rid of this. Does anyone here have any clues how i can disable this threshold initial movement?

Cheers,
Mark

#2 2017-01-24 17:20:05

apocalyptech

Re: Libinput trackpad disable movement threshold before cursor moves?

Old thread here, but I've just moved over to libinput myself, and have noticed the exact same issue.  Been Googling around a bit (and digging through docs) but haven't found anything yet.  Anyone happen to know how to fix this?  Thanks!

Board footer