You are not logged in.

#1 2016-06-30 15:08:19

rmlopes

Microsoft Office 2013

Hi,

The wine wiki page is outdatedin the Office 2013 section. There is a warning there, and a notice about Codeweavers Crossover (with a 1y old link). But these are a bit outdated too.

I installed the 32 bit version using crossover, and although I have not done extensive usage/testing, it looks that many things are working properly. For instance, Word, Excel, and Publisher seem to work fine, while PowerPoint crashes.

With Wine I was able to install but I cannot run it (actually I cannot find the launchers of the applications, so I am not sure the installation is working properly).

That said, I have two questions:

1. Should I try to update the wiki section?

2. Probably some patches from the codeweavers developers have not been merged upstream yet, does anyone have any idea what Wine is missing?

Last edited by rmlopes (2016-06-30 15:26:55)

#2 2016-07-01 01:09:39

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Re: Microsoft Office 2013

I just tried this a couple of months back, and I was not even able to install using Wine. appdb.winehq.org seems to suggest the same thing. If you were able to install, why not just run it manually from the command-line rather than relying on launchers? Something like

$WINEPREFIX=/path/to/your/wine/folder/with/office/installed "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office15\WINWORD.EXE"

1. It's a wiki, go ahead and update.

2. Crossover isn't open-source, so there's no way to tell really.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

Board footer