You are not logged in.

#1 2016-07-01 18:34:57

josephg

How to generate bar graphs from given satistics numbers

I have some statistics that I'd like to convert into a percentage graphs bars for better and easy visualization, maybe in a image or a simple HTML page, w/e.

These statistics are for various translation files in Gettext standard, a.k.a. Gettext PO files, with their respective numbers of translated, fuzzy and untranslated strings. For example:

$ LC_ALL=C msgfmt -v gnu/manifesto.pt-br.po 
gnu/manifesto.pt-br.po: 97 translated messages, 12 fuzzy translations, 7 untranslated messages.
$ LC_ALL=C msgfmt -v gnu/gnu-users-never-heard-of-gnu.pt-br.po 
gnu/gnu-users-never-heard-of-gnu.pt-br.po: 9 translated messages, 7 fuzzy translations.

Obviously I can run cut/sed/awk/ to filter the output to get the desired numbs. What I'm looking for is a tool or a solution to convert these numbers in graph bars for each file.

Doe anyone know any tool or how to generate such graph bar?

Thanks in advance!

#2 2016-07-01 18:36:29

ewaller
Administrator

Re: How to generate bar graphs from given satistics numbers

gnuplot

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

#3 2016-07-02 06:58:11

Rasi
Website

Re: How to generate bar graphs from given satistics numbers

or R

He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.

Douglas Adams

Board footer