You are not logged in.

#1 2016-07-04 00:08:53

thorjelly

Wacom tablet gestures very difficult to use.

Hey. I just got a Wacom Intuos Art tablet. It works well except that the gestures take way too long to start, as if some threshold is set way too high. There is a large delay between when I start the gesture when input is actually sent by the tablet! By this point, my fingers are already halfway across the tablet or pinched together for the zoom gesture, and it makes the gesture basically useless.

I want to know if anyone else has this issue, if their wacom touch features work fine for them, if there is any way to set up the tablet so that gestures work better. I want to know if this is a problem other people experience or one unique for this particular tablet and if I should have it returned. If there's any settings that would help, though I did look through the xsetwacom parameters and didn't see anything.

Anyway, thanks for the input.

#2 2016-07-04 00:43:01

thorjelly

Re: Wacom tablet gestures very difficult to use.

I tried this tablet on a Windows machine and the gesture threshold seems MUCH more reasonable and it is much more usable, implying it's a problem with the linux wacom drivers. Is anyone aware of how to make the minimum distance/delay for gestures to start working much shorter? There are properties ZoomDistance and ScrollDistance for touch which, by their description, imply that they control the distance before the gesture takes effect, but really they only seem to affect the distance your finger needs to travel to apply the delta while the gesture is already in effect. I can't find a setting that will actually make the gesture start sooner.

#3 2016-07-04 04:43:51

thorjelly

Re: Wacom tablet gestures very difficult to use.

I think what I need to do is disable gesture support on the wacom tablet drivers and instead use a proper gesture engine. I tried to use touchegg, but I kept getting "warning: failed to get previous touch value" errors, with the pointer moving to the top of the screen as soon as the gesture is started. Touchegg hasn't been maintained in a while, and ginn is even older. Is there any devently maintained gesture engine?

Board footer