You are not logged in.

#1 2016-07-03 15:12:38

whoops

wine-staging + wine_gecko - supposed to work (always)?

Hi!

Is wine_gecko supposed to work primarily with wine but not wine-staging (or "primarily with wine, only with wine-staging too if it just turns out that way with vanilla releases")?

It's seem to have been out of sync or for quite a while now (since several updates ago already... wine-staging is trying to download its own copy every time I make a new prefix) and I'm beginning to wonder, if this is worth a bug report / feature request or if I should simply ignore it and use one of the workarounds? I remember this happening with wine (not staging) in the past several times (due to "uneven development" upstream I think), but I don't remember the problem ever having lasted this long...

Last edited by whoops (2016-07-03 15:12:56)

#2 2016-07-07 15:41:01

Lanz

Re: wine-staging + wine_gecko - supposed to work (always)?

I've noticed this exact same issue for some time now.

#3 2016-07-07 17:01:54

whoops

Since the new gecko is working for wine-staging again (for the moment), I'm guessing this is the same problem as with normal wine after all... just now, all three of them are slightly "out of sync"...? And probably not much anyone can do about it?

(unless we wanted to introduce a third package: "wine-stable", which will conveniently only be incompatible with wine-gecko during those periods when it works for both wine and wine-staging big_smile)

#4 2016-07-07 17:04:44

V1del
Forum Moderator

Someone just has to keep tabs on the wine changelog, a new wine-gecko release is afaik never released standalone, it always gets bumped as part of a wine release. It just isn't bumped as regularly as wine itself.

Board footer