You are not logged in.

#1 2016-07-03 17:19:09

xorgmc

Scrolling really jumpy using Synaptics Touchpad with Chrome/Chromium

hi,

scrolling webpages is really jumpy when using my ThinkPad's Synaptics Touchpad with Chrome / Chromium browser.
I want to start two finger scrolling by putting two fingers on the touchpad and mostly the webpage "jumps" to it's top or bottom (I expected that the webpage stays at it's position till I move my fingers). Using circular scrolling does not change anything, as well as Chrome/ium's built in "smooth scrolling" function or any "Smooth Scrolling" extensions on chrome.

On Firefox anything works fine.
It seems to be related to Arch Linux, as it was not that bad on Ubuntu, and totally fine on OS X (hackintosh).

Is there any trick to make it better?

#2 2016-07-08 04:29:19

d3adc0de

Re: Scrolling really jumpy using Synaptics Touchpad with Chrome/Chromium

If you do find a solution, please post it here! This has been driving me nuts. On fedora btw.

#3 2016-07-08 15:20:57

ewaller
Administrator

Looking for more information.  Are we using xf86-input-synaptics?  Or are we using xf86-input-libinput ?

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

#4 2016-07-27 16:49:14

Rizzen

Same problem here.. That's why I stayed on firefox until now. Have someone an idea about what could cause theses jumps ?
I'm using xf86-input-synaptics btw.

#5 2016-07-27 16:50:55

Alad
Wiki Admin/IRC Op
Website

Try upgrading to chromium 52.

Mods are just community members who have the occasionally necessary option to move threads around and edit posts. -- Trilby

Board footer