You are not logged in.

#1 2016-07-09 22:20:11

raafat

How to go automatically from Suspend into Hibernate?

Hi guy's
When I close laptop LED it's go in sleep mode but it's still in sleep mode till the battery empty and don't go shutdown/hibernate after some time.
So How can I make the system understanding "If the laptop Is in sleep mode for 1,2 or 3 hours, after that time It should go automatically into shutdown/hibernate"

How can I do it ??

Thank you smile

#2 2016-07-09 23:06:50

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Re: How to go automatically from Suspend into Hibernate?

You're looking for hybrid-sleep or suspend-hybrid (systemd or pm-utils, respectively).

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#3 2016-07-10 22:54:34

raafat

ngoonee wrote:

You're looking for hybrid-sleep or suspend-hybrid (systemd or pm-utils, respectively).

mmmmm When I looking for it I found this ==> http://askubuntu.com/questions/12383/ho … -hibernate
but I don't want try like that scripts, I want option or command for suspend-hybrid if that mean hibernate after some time in sleep mode

#4 2016-07-11 01:27:08

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

You're using Arch, but you google for random linux related instructions from 2011? Go to the pm-utils or systemd page on our wiki.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#5 2016-07-11 21:49:12

raafat

ngoonee wrote:

You're using Arch, but you google for random linux related instructions from 2011? Go to the pm-utils or systemd page on our wiki.

I read about the both of pm-utils and systemd but I don't know what I have to do :\
I found in systemd page this https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Sy … management   and I found this command " $ systemctl hybrid-sleep " but I need to know what is it doing and if I can modified it or not !!!

#6 2016-07-13 13:53:43

diraimondo

raafat wrote:
ngoonee wrote:

I read about the both of pm-utils and systemd but I don't know what I have to do :\
I found in systemd page this https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Sy … management   and I found this command " $ systemctl hybrid-sleep " but I need to know what is it doing and if I can modified it or not !!!

I think that the hybrid-sleep makes a copy of the RAM content in the swap area (like a regular hibernation) AND enter the suspend state (like a regular suspend) keeping the RAM content untouched. You can quickly resume as in a regular suspend. If you get out of battery, the content of the RAM is lost but the system is automatically restored by the copy on the swap area.

#7 2016-07-13 17:04:45

Alad
Wiki Admin/IRC Op
Website

Mods are just community members who have the occasionally necessary option to move threads around and edit posts. -- Trilby

Board footer