You are not logged in.

#1 2016-07-16 08:24:31

Hi-Angel

[SOLVED] Input language all of a sudden changes

For I typing in GTK apps (Firefox, Pidgin), the input language suddenly changes to Russian. The Language Indicator applet still shows English, and pressing the key to change language does nothing to the affected app.

I just installed the system, and regarding to layout I did before only a few things: I copied `/etc/default/keyboard` from the old system (for some reason it didn't work though), configured the layout in KDE, and set `UIM` as input method. So, after the problem appeared, I removed `/etc/default/keyboard` and the additional input language in KDE settings. But even after reboot I still see the problem.

I didn't notice the problem in Konsole though, so probably Qt apps not affected.

UPD: omg, I found more details, it's even worse. Turns out, the problem happens after I press Compose key. Then I tried to reproduce it in Konsole, and… Compose key didn't work! I don't know why, it is set in KDE settings, but it doesn't work there even for common combinations.

Last edited by Hi-Angel (2016-07-16 08:58:40)

#2 2016-07-16 08:53:38

Hi-Angel

Re: [SOLVED] Input language all of a sudden changes

Okay, I think I found the root of the problem. It was UIM input method, UIM seems to be broken. So I set in /etc/profile xim, and that specific problem is solved, but I found two more: my Compose key doesn't work anymore, and GVim doesn't update it's graphical content. I guess, that's for another question.

Board footer