You are not logged in.

#1 2016-07-20 07:47:16

kjozsa

RoxTerm in Gnome3 opens in background

I use a custom keybinding in Gnome3 to open a new terminal window. When I press they shortcut to invoke a new terminal, the new window is either:
a) placed on top and gets the keyboard focus
b) place on top but does not grab focus
c) placed in the background and the small popup saying "ROXTerm window is ready" is displayed at the top

I would prefer to have a) all the time but all three options seems to happen randomly. I use sloppy-focus and focus-new-windows is set to the default 'smart' in dconf. Thanks!

#2 2016-07-21 17:37:31

kjozsa

Re: RoxTerm in Gnome3 opens in background

does it help identifying the problem if I record a small video session about it? I wouldn't be able to demonstrate all 3 behaviours though as mostly the worst (c) happens..

#3 2016-10-10 15:46:51

kjozsa

Re: RoxTerm in Gnome3 opens in background

For the record, the issue still exists and disturbs my daily workflow badly. I found this reference: https://sourceforge.net/p/roxterm/discu … /9004e00b/ from 2010 but I'm not sure how I could achieve Gnome's window manager to stop assuming misbehaviour and stopping roxterm grabbing focus.

For clearance, the issue only happens when I start roxterm with a gnome keyboard shortcut and it grabs focus as expected when started from another roxterm.

Board footer